Protect your investment
Maintain the sterility of the interior environment and protect the atmosphere from contaminants within the vessel.
Venting and gas filtration is an essential part of laboratory operation. Venting may be as simple as a passive equilibration of gasses from a culture flask to active filtration of a gas into a bioreactor. Vent filters, whether disposable filter units or hardware with disc filters, can be useful for:
- Equilibration of gasses generated during normal cellular growth and metabolism
- Protecting aspirators, vacuum pumps and house vacuum lines from aerosols or liquid intrusion
- Filtering air/gas into equipment
- Filtering air/gas of unwanted microbes and particulate to maintain the proper environmental growth conditions in a bioreactor
- Protecting sensitive electronics from aerosol or fluid damage
- Protecting the laboratory work environment form unwanted aerosol contamination
The industry’s broadest portfolio of vent filters makes it easy to match filter performance to application requirements. These self-contained, compact filter devices provide high efficiency removal of airborne bacteria and particulate under dry or moist conditions. Rugged polypropylene housings have broad chemical compatibility.