Splash into the Flavor
Particulate Control for Flavor Additive in Soft Drinks Production
Coarse particulate filtration can be required to ensure that particles are not added to the mixing tank in the manufacture of soft drinks. Removal of particulate material ensures a product with high visual clarity and maximum carbonation efficiency. Pall Profile filters can be used for particulate removal for flavor additives.
Profile filters are all polypropylene depth filters. The membrane has an absolute-rated downstream section and a continuously graded pore size upstream section, which increases the service life many-fold, resulting in an economical operation. The fibers in the Profile membrane are continuous and no binder resin or glues are used. The fibers are "bonded" by an intertwining technology and as a result of this manufacturing technique, Pall Profile membrane material and trapped contaminants do not migrate to the downstream (filtered) water. Profile filters are available in a variety of styles to meet the requirements of the application.
Benefits of Pall Profile Products
- Pall Profile depth filters have a constant pore size resulting in reliable filtration with no unloading and no media migration.
- Pall Profile depth filters have been designed with a constant density filter medium with a high-voids volume, resulting in high dirt-loading capacity, maximum throughputs, and long service life.
- Pall Profile depth filters contain no resins, binders, surfactants or potting compounds to ensure a continuously clean effluent.
- Economic filtration is achieved using Profile filters because they have a longer service life than conventional depth filters and require less frequent change-out.
- Absolute removal of fine particles ensures visual clarity. In carbonated fluids, absolute removal of fine particles maximizes carbonation.
- Turbidity specifications can be consistently met by using Pall Profile filters